FDA Design Control Guidance for Medical Device Manufacturers
US FDA 21 CFR 820.30 Design Control Requirements.
At the design stage, an outline of the design control process should be actualized. Here is a diagram describing the Design and Development Planning.
There are several parameters which contribute to the design input:
- Business Economics
- Risk Management
- Regulatory Requirements
- Stakeholder feedback (Clinicians, patients, hospitals etc.)
- The fabricated device
- User Manual
- Risk Analysis Study
- Other technical documentation
Design validation follows successful design verification. The design validation takes into account the user needs.
- Project Management in Medical Device Development - 28th May 2020
- Tolerance Stack Analysis for Medical Device Design - 27th May 2020
- Lean and Agile Principles in Medical Product Development - 26th May 2020