This chapter is about the ‘Measure’ phase of the DMAIC.
- Types of Process Maps
- Sampling in Data Collected
- Descriptive Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Process Performance Measures
5. Process Performance Measures
Some of the commonly used Process Performance Metrics are:
- Defects per Unit (DPU):
- Defects per Opportunity (DPO):
- Defects per Million Opportunities (DPMO)
- Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY): It’s a measure of the end-to-end process performance.
- Cost of Quality (CPQ): Prevention, Appraisals (Internal Inspection), Internal Failure (Defects, Scrap, Rework) and External Failure (Warranty claims and recalls)
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ):