FDA Design Control Guidance for Medical Device Manufacturers
US FDA 21 CFR 820.30 Design Control Requirements.
At the design stage, an outline of the design control process should be actualized. Here is a diagram describing the Design and Development Planning.
There are several parameters which contribute to the design input:
- Business Economics
- Risk Management
- Regulatory Requirements
- Stakeholder feedback (Clinicians, patients, hospitals etc.)
- The fabricated device
- User Manual
- Risk Analysis Study
- Other technical documentation
Design validation follows successful design verification. The design validation takes into account the user needs.
- Investing in Indian Blue Chip Stocks During COVID-19 and Recession - 29th March 2020
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP): User Requirement Specifications - 22nd March 2020
- MedTech Skill I: Risk Management of Medical Devices - 21st March 2020