A ‘Statement of Purpose (SOP)’ or motivation letter can make a huge difference in your college admission. Most of the universities in the US, Canada, Netherlands, Ireland, UK and some universities in France and Germany require you to submit this during the application.
Some of the American universities like the University of Texas at Austin also require you to submit a ‘Personal Statement’ in addition to the ‘Statement of Purpose’. These 2 letters have slightly different requirements. Nevertheless, I don’t recommend a generalized formula for drafting an SOP. We analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the student on a case by case basis and try to draft a personalized SOP.
Why Do You Need To Invest Time and Effort For Drafting a Winning SOP?
- Scholarships: SOPs form a crucial part in helping the university board select you for scholarships.
- Compensate Your Poor Grades: A bad semester or negligence may result in a poor grade. We at ‘A Numb Mind’ believe that one semester of poor grade can’t ruin your dreams. A good SOP can explain this to the admission committee.
- Explain Your Additional Endeavors: The University of Texas receives over 200,000 applications every year. Less than 10% get in. Grades are important, but not enough to get you through. Your SOP should tell a tale that sets you apart from the crowd.
How Am I Different From Other Players In The Market?
- Experience: I applied to 13 universities in the US, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, and Switzerland. I received admits from the likes of Imperial College London and Carnegie Mellon, before settling with a fully-funded dual degree Master’s program at RWTH Aachen, Germany and Trinity College Dublin with a scholarship. Moreover, I am one of the 100 students out of a pool of 1500+ students to receive the J.N. Tata Scholarship in 2018. Hence, I understand what it takes to get in.
- Areas of Expertise: I can assist you in SOP drafting or SOP review for MS in US, Canada, Australia, Singapore or Europe in any discipline of engineering or computer science. Since I am not an expert in business or finance-related courses, I would shy away from giving any advice for MBA or business-related courses.
- Price: Since I am just a freelancer, I offer one of the lowest prices than other players in the market. I know that the cost of application is already a burden for the students and I don’t want to add more.
- SOP Drafting from scratch for MS application: INR 2000
- SOP Review for MS application: INR 500
- CV/Resume Review: INR 100
- Email: email@example.com
Note: Please don’t request for pro-bono work. I have already had my fair share of time helping hundreds of students in the past years. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for an SOP review or SOP drafting assistance.